TEN QUESTIONS WE ARE ASKED MOST OFTEN
by Professor Schoenstein
1. How many types of organs are there?
2. Why do most organs have more than one keyboard?
3. How is the volume of the organ controlled?
4. How is the size of an organ measured?
5. Why are there so many names for organ stops?
6. Why do the stop names have lengths (measured in feet) appended to them?
7. What are the buttons under the manuals and above the pedalboard for?
8. What do the terms electric-pneumatic, tracker, pneumatic, all-electric, unit and straight mean?
9. What are the different types of organ pipes and what are they made of?
10. How are organ pipes tuned?